Non-profit community interest company.
Expert in all aspects of Safeguarding.
Dedicated Safeguarding research department.
All courses continuously updated.
Bespoke Face to Face training UK and Overseas.
Bespoke online courses, please enquire.
Safeguarding training for all sectors.
Safeguarding for Trustees.
International Safeguarding courses in English and Arabic.
On Site and Desktop Safeguarding Audits.
Training credits do not expire.
Online training certificates fully verifiable.
Comprehensive online training management system.
Free links to all Safeguarding Partnerships/Boards.
Free reference materials and links.
Free cross reference charts for all of the UK and more.
|1 to 4||£27.99||each|
|5 to 9||£24.99||each|
|10 to 19||£22.99||each|
|20 to 49||£20.99||each|
|50 to 99||£18.99||each|
SAFE's Standard Child Safeguarding Course for Opticians and their staff is a comprehensive online training course specifically designed by experienced and fully qualified child protection experts. The course is for all staff who come into contact with children, young people, parents and families during their work; and is also the first course for those who have a particular responsibility for safeguarding in their setting. Meeting local Safeguarding Children Partnership/Board requirements of single agency training as detailed in “Working Together to Safeguard Children” DH 2018; the course has been specifically developed to give an introduction to safeguarding and to raise awareness of:
- Child protection legislation and guidance including national and local SCPs (ACPC: Area Child Protection Committees in Scotland and Northern Ireland)
- Recognition of child abuse
- How to respond to child abuse concerns
- Who to contact when there is a concern
- Fulfilment of legal "duty of care"
- Safer working practice, professional conduct and keeping children safe
The course comprises five short modules followed by an assessment to test understanding. It should take around an hour to complete, although it can be paused and restarted at any time.
The pass rate is set at 70% and, upon successfully achieving this, participants are awarded a uniquely numbered and personalised SAFE Training Course Certificate, valid for 2 years, with a summary of the key learning points and referral flowchart on a useful help card. For those not achieving this score, the course can be retaken as many times as is needed, at no extra cost.
Target Group : Optometrists
Learning Objectives :
- To increase the knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation and government guidance relevant to fulfilling the statutory duty of care for the welfare of young patients under the Children Act 2004
- To enable participants to acquire an increased understanding of the recognition of child abuse, how to respond appropriately to child protection issues and knowledge of referral pathways
- To enable better understanding of the necessity for information-sharing and accurate recording within the context of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of a particular child.
- To consider issues of best working practice and professional conduct
Reference: Safechild 2
Points : 3.00
Please visit the Cetoptics site for further information.